COVID-19: Information for food industry
We’re here to answer your questions on COVID-19 – as it relates to food safety - and get the latest information to you as quickly as possible. The Centre is working together with the government and our research agencies to glean the best advice from local and international experts on how to stop the infection spreading and keep the food supply chain moving. Stay safe everyone.
Dr Catherine McLeod, Director.
- No evidence of foodborne transmission of COVID-19, click here to view article. (updated 14 Jan 2021)
- Clinical testing for COVID-19 – the current state of laboratory tests and recommendations within the context of New Zealand’s pandemic response, click here to view article.
- Effectiveness of personal protective equipment (PPE) in reducing COVID-19 transmission to and from people, fomites and food, click here to view article. (updated 10 September 2020)
- Impact of ozone gas on SARS-CoV-2, click here to view article. (updated 08 July 2020)
- Science & Industry exchange on COVID-19, click here to view article.
- Poster: Personal Protection Measures Against COVID-19 for Workers in the Food Industry, click here to view.
Questions & Answers on COVID-19 (updated 27 August 2020)
Useful websites on COVID-19 and food safety (updated 24 August 2020)
- Useful Websites on COVID-19 and food safety
Enquiry regarding COVID-19